Ryan Garcia is planning to put on a show tomorrow.
On Saturday evening, Garcia challenges WBC welterweight champion Mario Barrios when the two square off at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Both men are in rough patches in their careers, with Garcia coming in off a loss to Rolando Romero for the WBA welterweight title in May, while Barrios has retained his title in back-to-back draws in his previous two bouts.
The lead-up to their fight on Saturday has been mostly respectful between the two, and remained that way during the ceremonial weigh-ins on Friday night, though the two did have a prolonged final faceoff.
Following the faceoff, both men gave their final thoughts on the fight, with Garcia promising a much more exciting performance on Saturday than he gave against Romero last year.
“You’re going to see a ferocious Ryan Garcia in the ring,” Garcia said. “We’re not here to play games. From that start of the bell, we’ll be ready to fight. … We’re going to be ferocious when it comes to that ring, and we’re getting right to it. …
“I’m coming to light lightning, baby. You don’t want to miss this one, I promise you. This is going to be a Ryan Garcia classic. You don’t want to miss this one, I promise.”
Barrios was less animated than Garcia, but no less confident, praising the challenger’s skills while maintaining he may have a surprise in store for “King” Ryan on Saturday.
“Both of his hands are dangerous,” Barrios said. “He definitely has an equalizer with that hook. But like I said, everything we worked on. I also have a hook, I’ve got two hands, and I think that there’s a lot that he has to look out for. …
“I’m going in there with bad intentions. Going in there, like I said, with all the work we put in. I think this fight could definitely end early.”
Garcia vs. Barrios takes place this Saturday night, with prelims starting at 6 p.m. ET and available on MMA Fighting, while the main card kicks off at 8 p.m. on DAZN.
Subscribe to my channel