Conor McGregor reveals he’s been offered an opponent and date for his comeback: ‘Waiting on my contract’

February 18, 2026


Conor McGregor appears one step closer to his return to the UFC.

The former two-division champion, who has been lobbying very loudly for a spot on the upcoming UFC White House card, revealed that he’s received an official offer for his first fight back in five years and he’s already accepted. While he didn’t reveal his potential opponent in the now deleted tweet, McGregor says at this point he’s just awaiting a bout agreement to make the fight official.

“I have been offered an opponent and a date and I accept,” McGregor wrote on Twitter. “Waiting on my contract.”

McGregor hasn’t fought since 2021 when he suffered a gruesome broken leg in a trilogy fight against Dustin Poirier. He was sidelined for several years while recovering but initially plotted his comeback in 2024 with a matchup booked against Michael Chandler following a stint going against each other as coaches on The Ultimate Fighter.

Sadly, McGregor was knocked out of the fight just a few weeks before he was scheduled to return when he suffered a broken toe in training. The bout against Chandler was never rescheduled.

When President Donald Trump announced plans to host a UFC event on the White House lawn as part of his American 250 celebration, McGregor immediately inserted his name into the mix as a potential main event fighter.

McGregor had previously visited the White House for a meeting with Trump and he’s been a public supporter of the president while he briefly considered his own foray into politics in his home country of Ireland.

Since announcing his plans to compete again, McGregor has gotten back into training full time and largely cut off all of his outside the cage activities, which includes making appearances at BKFC events where he’s a co-owner of the promotion.

McGregor has posted videos and photos showing him back in the gym as he works to get into fight shape with hopes that he’ll get a spot on the UFC White House card.

While he didn’t say the date for his proposed return, it’s difficult to believe McGregor isn’t plotting his first fight back at the historic event taking place on June 14 in Washington D.C.

UFC CEO Dana White also recently said that matchmaking for the White House card was nearly finalized and he planned to meet with Trump this week to go over the plans for the event.

Given the timing of McGregor’s announcement, it seems likely he’s been offered a slot on that coveted event, which is only expected to feature six to seven fights in total.



Source link

Leave a Comment